Replace or recharge the battery according to the model and check again.
Replace the battery with a new battery; you have approximately 30 minutes of battery life remaining before the unit will not function.
Remove the battery and check the metal contacts for dirt, dust or damage. Wipe off any dust and reinsert the battery. If there are signs of corrosion, discard the battery and replace it with a new battery. Should you still encounter flickering, please contact your local DermLite dealer.
The LEDs used in the DermLite are designed to last over 100,000 hours. If any of the LEDs fail please contact us or 3 GEN (manufacturer of Dermlite) for repair.
For any technical questions please feel free to contact us.
Care and Maintenance
The DermLite is designed for trouble-free operation. There are no adjustments to be made nor is any special servicing required. Never attempt to open the device for any reason.
Cleaning and Sterilisation
The DermLite body may be cleaned or disinfected by wiping it with Isopropyl alcohol (70% vol.). Do not use alcohol or disinfectants in the optical areas of the unit. Do not use abrasive material on any part of the equipment or immerse the device in liquid. Do not autoclave.
Cleaning the Lens and the Polarizers
The lens and the polarizing filters should be treated as high quality photographic equipment and should be cleaned with standard lens cleaning equipment and protected from harmful chemicals.
Removable Faceplate (DL2 & DL3 models)
To clean the faceplate of the DL2 & 3 models simply extend the spacer dial (B) to extend the spacer and twist off the small glass faceplate in the very front of the spacer.
Charging your DL2 & DL3 battery
After approximately 1,000 charges, the battery’s capacity will diminish and the battery may need to be replaced.
- After a minimum 4-hour initial charge, the lithium-ion battery provides up to 2 hours of continuous operation, or enough power for imaging approximately 600 lesions at 30 seconds per examination.
- Once the battery is depleted, the unit will automatically shut off, and will need to be recharged.
- Plug the charging cord into the round DC charging port and the red charging indicator will illuminate.
- Once the battery is fully charged, the green indicator will light up.
- Optionally, you may use a USB cable to charge the unit via the USB port.
CAUTION: When charging with a USB cable, the DermLite II Pro must be connected only to the USB port of a computer that complies with the IEC / EN 60950 standard to ensure continued compliance of the product with the European Medical Device Directive. Refer to the operator’s manual provided with your computer to ensure that the computer complies with the above standard.
Optionally, you may use a USB cable to charge the unit via the USB port (J).
Caution: Do not under any circumstances use another charger other than the one supplied with the unit. Doing so could result in damage to the unit. When charging with a USB cable, the DermLite II Pro must be connected only to the USB port of a computer that complies with the IEC / EN 60950 standard to ensure continued compliance of the product with the European Medical Device Directive. Refer to the operator’s manual provided with your computer to ensure that the computer complies with the above standard.
Replacing your Lumio Batteries
Lumio is designed to work with either lithium-ion, alkaline, or NiMH rechargeable AA sized batteries. Disposable lithium-ion batteries are recommended for best lighting performance and longest battery life.
To replace the batteries, open the battery door by sliding it towards the end of the handle. Remove all four batteries and insert four new AA batteries with their positive (+) and negative (-) ends positioned as shown on the inside of the battery compartment.
Replacing your DL100, Platinum or Carbon Battery
To change the battery, squeeze the cap by its sides and remove it and the battery. Insert a new battery of the same type with the contacts facing forward. Replace the battery cap securely on the device. The DermLite DL100, platinum & Carbon uses a 2CR5 Lithium Battery, which may be purchased from camera stores and other retailers. You may also purchase batteries from your local DermLite dealer.
Replacing your Dermlite II/3 Battery
- To remove the battery door, push down on the two ovals with your thumbs and slide the battery door back.
- Disconnect the small white battery plug, and remove the battery.
- Insert a new battery and reconnect the battery plug.
- Replace the battery door securely on the device.
- The DermLite II/3uses a special lithium-ion battery, which can only be purchased from Derma Medical Systems or another 3Gen dealer.
- Caution: Do not under any circumstances use another battery other than the one designed for this unit. Doing so could result in damage to the unit.
Oil Immersion Imaging
If the DermLite II or DL3 is used for oil immersion imaging, place the oil only on the skin and then place the extended faceplate spacer on top of the oil. Do not allow oil to contact the USB port, DC charging port, or battery compartment